Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

God of War Getting a New Prequel!!!

Kotaku: God of War getting another game; God of War: Ghost of Sparta.
Me: WOOT!!!
Kotaku: It's going to be another prequel, following the events after the original God of War.
Me: Dude, awesome!
Kotaku: Its going to explain his past, the tattoo, the scar and his family.
Me: OMGFTWBBQ!!!
Kotaku: Its going to be on the PSP.
Me: Oh......well I'll get it for the story I guess....


Yeah, pretty much just like that. The latest of the God of War series has made its debut: God of War: Ghost of Sparta; following in the footsteps of God of War: Chains of Olympus, it'll be on the PSP and PSP Go. Now, I love portable gaming; I'm a huge Pokemon fan, as well as the Marios, Patapons and all that stuff. I just don't get into mainstream titles that get made for handhelds.

God of War: Chain of Olympus was a great game which I played for hours on end; it remained true to the series, sticking with the story and didn't disappoint in the gore department either. I just didn't like the overall game. To me it didn't capture the essence of Kratos, his power and rage. The controls felt to close together and just didn't go over well with me. I'm used to the dual joystick mayhem of 500-600 combos on the higher up enemies using everything from my blades to my hammer, spear and magics; you just couldn't go ape-shit like you could on the console.

Maybe this new title will redeem how I feel about main titles on handhelds, but even if it doesn't I'll still shell out so I can engross myself in the amazing story telling of God of War.


-Armand

No comments:

Post a Comment