Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Activision....You Guys Just Suck Now....Seriously


We've all heard about Call of Duty: Black Ops by now. We all know that Treyarch is the one developing it. We also know that Britain tends to get things at a slightly more expensive price tag. We also know that Activision really, really sucks. What does this have to do with anything? Call of Duty: Black Ops that is developed by Treyarch, produced and distributed by Activision and sold all over the world, including the U.K. is going to have a price tag of £55 which is roughly $84.00 at the current exchange rate. Why is it that a game I purchase for a simple $60.00 after taxes is probably $30.00 more after taxes over in the U.K.?

Because Activision sucks. This isn't the first time they've done this though; Modern Warfare 2, the crown jewel of Activision was also set at that price point and....well it sold well. Infinity Ward's titles have always blown up in sales, persons paying to get their hands on a great game; after perusing the net however, people are generally fed up with Activision and I believe this is the beginning of their downfall. I predict that they won't reap nearly as much as they're expecting with this game, over advertise and over price it and will see record loses in their best selling franchise.

But of course...there are the die hard fans of the series that will put out any price to play the game, even if only to return it after the first day. People will pay insane amounts of money for a game, especially one in a series such as Call of Duty. I myself shelled out the $120 for the Prestige Edition of Modern Warfare 2, (as well as the Limited Halo 2, Limited and Legendary Halo 3, Special Edition Halo Wars, Special Edition Halo: ODST in the past), and last week reserved my Legendary Halo: Reach......I'm always willing to shell out for a series that I've put so much time into. Not in this case though. Activision has burned away what little respect I had for them (it drained more and more after Band and DJ Hero), and now I doubt I will even give "Modern Warfare 3" or Black Ops a second glance in the stores.


-Armand

No comments:

Post a Comment