Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Doubtful About Rock Band's Integrity....Much Less the Rest of America

I'm all for listening to new music, (as long as its not some incoherent rambling about why their pants won't say up), and experiencing new styles and takes on a genre. I also very much enjoy the music games Guitar Hero and Rock Band. What I can't seem to get my mind around though, is why the band No Doubt won't stop showing up on Rock Band's song network. There are literally 30+ No Doubt songs on the network now. Why? Why not some more AC/DC or Zep or Marilyn Manson or Ted Nuget? Ozzy? KISS? Metallica? A7X or Dead Kennedys? I would rather the ENTIRE discography of The Killers on there than No Doubt.

Let me just for the record state that one, I do mean all of this and two, no I am not some "depraved" or "demented" metal head that only listens to Death Metal. While I do enjoy the heaviest of Metals any day of the week, in addition to the bands above, I also listen to Motorhead, Rage, LP, Lamb of God, Slipknot, Job for a Cowboy, IWABO, as well as saxophone solos and the Classic Composers such as Beethoven and so many more. I have a very, very diverse music library full of pieces I believe further the progression of the human mind and soul as well as convey emotions that people would normally lock you up for expressing. Now that we have that out of the way.....

I don't care what anyone says, that goddamn coked-out cheerleader does not and has never played any form of rock; it is in fact in the same alley as someone like Lady Gaga, and in my brutal opinion, they both need to be put down. Invading my ear canals and kicking my eardrums in with low grade chum quality lyrics and sounds; this "pop" crap has to go. I'll be damned if anyone actually considers this popular. I've actually punched someones left front tooth out for trying to get me to listen to that "Holla Back Girl" or whatever the Hell its called. I am also sick and tired of people who aren't old enough to be potty trained crooning to me about how much they're in love and that their lives are empty without their insignificant other. Justin Bieber or Beiber or whatever your name is: STOP IT! STOP trying to create music. It sounds like a pack of hyenas getting neutered with flamethrowers. All "pop" music should be buried or burned and its creators should have their mouths sewn shut and hands cut off and they should be considered Untouchables and shunned from society with the do nothing but "party" celebrities like Paris Hilton and all the other bimbos that keep appearing on the cover of every goddamn magazine like they just cured cancer.

Is this what you want influencing you? Taking your hard earned money and years of gathered knowledge? ->



I didn't think so.

I'd wager that if this country restricted "pop" and "rap" and "Rn'B" music that crime rates would fall and people would actually have an IQ with double digits. If the "party girls" of Hollywood were all just put down instead of giving them reality shows and awards for doing what a brain dead monkey with no arms or legs could do, I figure people would actually legitimately become more in-tune with what's going on in the world. Maybe we could actually start colonizing other planets and riding the world of hunger if all those goddamn twats would donate just part of their exorbitant incomes to science and the furthering of our species. Stop shitty music from entering the brains of people and I can guarantee that you won't have another generation of Paris Hilton's or Britney Spears' or whatever-her-name-is from No Doubt or the woman who's name is actually less creative than something my 3-month-old cousin came up with yesterday.

I don't want to see your Pokerface, I refuse to stay in your "5 star" hotels, I have no interest in whatever a Holla Back Girl is, I am not in preschool so I know how to spell banana and I'm no where near wanting to have some pre-pubescent twat-waffle singing to me about the love of my life when he can't even count past his toes. I would celebrate the day that these people were shot. I would commemorate the death of shit-music and people. I'd use my life saving to build a statue to erect in every city square showing the death of pop and stupidity and the beginning of the new Renaissance.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just crazy. But the next time you turn on the radio, think twice about your station setting. The next time you're about to turn on E! or TMZ think twice about it. Rock. Discovery Channel. Easy ways to lengthen your lifespan and make you smarter than the guy on the bus who's pants are down past his ankles while bouncing around and nodding to a drunken and often coked up "artist" with no self respect or respect for others. You'd probably even become smarter than that 14-year-old girl who's stealing plastic sunglasses she can't even see out of so she can match her shirt thereby making her existance complete when the 21-year-old guy she's crushing on rapes and kills her in the back of a van with his buddies who are blasting the Jonas Brothers to attract more. Yeah. Think about it. All of this could've been avoided if Rock Band just chose better songs to list in their music store.


-Armand

No comments:

Post a Comment