Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Day One Bribery, Even on XBL?

Day one incentives are something that's been around as long as I can remember, whether it be some sort of cool unlockable weapon, maps or even just some silly gamerpictures. Lately you'll get more....interesting incentives. After pre-ordering Tekken 6 I was handed a calendar for instance; and after pre-ordering God of War III I was given armor that helps me beat the game quicker (which I have yet to even download). This goes the same for most of EA's titles; Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 both give you access to tons of free DLC through built in networks only attainable by getting the game on Day one, lest you shell out roughly $15 extra for the networks later on.

Well, it seems that getting DLC on the first day yields some rewards as well; or so Microsoft is showing us:


Yep, that's right. For spending $15 on the Stimulus map pack for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, and not being able to play it until later that evening due to updating hiccups, we get a week of free Xbox Live service. I dunno about you but that's kinda weak IMO. Seriously, the price point should've been set at $10 at most and the testing for this update fiasco should've been worked out when the DLC was being considered.

I can't say much for IW on this one but to Microsoft - My PS3 is, for the first time ever, beating out my 360 in usage.

-Armand

No comments:

Post a Comment