Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3!!!!!!!

Yes ladies and gentlemen, the best arcade fighter to EVER be created officially has a SEQUEL!!!

Today at Captivate '10 Capcom has officially unveiled their teaser trailer for MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3!!!

I have been playing Marvel Vs. Capcom: Clash of Superheroes and Marvel Vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes for the last 12+ years and finally, finally Capcom has listened and is taunting us with a trailer for the Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds.

Surprising to me though, this game will only, (it seems right now), be released on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 consoles, not in the typical two player arcade machine style. Why they're doing this is beyond me. I don't know how many thousands of quarters and arcade tokens I've used on those two games.

I used to live in Manhattan when I was younger, and everyday after school there was only one place you could find me. The arcades. There were several back then; two in Chinatown, quite a few on Broadway itself; most are closed down now though. But before my parents forced me to move to Florida, I made damn sure that I broke the high score on every MvC2 machine I could get my little hands on. Up until four years ago in fact I had the high scores on six different machines in Manhattan and two in Queens and even the one in Brooklyn that wasn't smashed in. When I last checked though most of those famous arcades had went out of business or were bought out and made into something else. At that time I still had four high scores, my machines in Queens and two in Manhattan. Now though, it seems like the era of the arcade is dead, there's only the one arcade still open in Queens; the others all closed, (one became a Chuck E' Cheese).

That's neither here nor there. What's relevant is the fact that this game has officially debuted but doesn't have a release date yet. There are hints at new characters though; in the teaser trailer you clearly see Resident Evil's Chris Redfield fighting the Hulk on a building. I really hope the rumors are true; supposedly the character list from MvC2 has been doubled. I honestly, am giddy with excitement. I love this game, like, severely love this game. I even have the special Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 Tournament Edition Fight Stick for the Xbox 360.

Thoroughly excited and definitely gonna follow this like a hawk.

-Armand

No comments:

Post a Comment