Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Wow for WoW

Well I've been playing the "insanely addicting" MMORPG World of Warcraft for about a month now and its really....well kind of addicting. I say this not in the obvious "ZOMG I NEEDZ LVLZ NAO" way but I say it in the "Hmmm, this game is pretty fun when you play with other people from all over the world; I enjoy playing this on a semi-regular basis."

Like I said before I've only been playing for rougly a month and in that time I've completed roughly 250 quests and attained level 45. People who I talk to in game (normally when I'm running random dungeons) say that's very good and that their first characters or "toons" took them longer. There are some of people however, who say well good for you, this is my 21st character and spend half the dungeon telling you about their awesome armor and quests they've done and ignore the fact that I'm literally new and rag on me for being a "n00b". You run across the same kind of people in Battlegrounds which is the Player vs. Player part of WoW. Those kind of people make WoW a kind of hostile environment; some people aren't accostomed to having their body tea-bagged or danced on after defeat and may react harshly, (myself being an avid Halo player am very used to this).

With two expansions and a third on the way and literally thousands of quests and hundreds of dungeons and millions of players, WoW is definitely an interesting game that fans of the MMO style of play should enjoy. I particularly like the dungeons as they're my style of gaming: storm the castle, kill the boss and his flunkies and then get all the treasure. The questing portion of WoW which you really only have to put up with until level 15ish I believe isn't my schtick. I still do them every now and again but I've found they can be very, very tedious and sometimes annoying, (like when the creature you try to kill doesn't drop the items you need to progress). I do enjoy new area quests though; they let you explore terrain and creatures you haven't seen before and add a bit to the magic that is WoW's interesting story.

If you get a chance, read the story of WoW; it'll give you some insight into what the Hell is going on when you see a Night Elf and Blood Elf facing off or Trolls and Human's duking it out. Its separated by chapters and can be found here:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/story/index.html

Its quite engaging although I doubt I'll ever be engaged enough to buy the books or the TCG (trading card game), its not that great.

But I digress, I bashed WoW and its players for almost three years, and upon playing it and paying attention to what was going on, I found it a thoroughly enjoyable game that I could spend a few hours a day running around in when my 360 needs a rest. It has an interesting storyline and great community of people who will help you so you can help others in the future. Try the demo yourself, its not that bad, I promise! http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/

-Armand

No comments:

Post a Comment